I enjoy being social. This page lists a few of the websites I like and think you might find useful:
Travel and food writing organisations
Travel and food writing is a serious business. If you want to find out more, these links and organisations may prove useful sources of information:
- Australian Society of Travel Writers – Australia’s national organisation of travel writers.
- British Guild of Beer Writers – a British organisation that was established to raise the standard of beer writing and understanding of beer.
- British Guild of Travel Writers – a community of travel writers, photographers and broadcasters based in the United Kingdom.
- Food4Media – a media network for people in the food and drinks industries.
- Guild of Food Writers – the UK’s professional organisation of food writers and broadcasters.
- International Travel Writers Alliance – an organisation that lays claims to being the world’s largest association of professional travel journalists.
- Society of American Travel Writers – an American organisation whose stated objective is to inspire travel through responsible journalism.
- Travmedia – a global network of people travel industry professionals.
Travel websites & blogs
This list of travel websites and blogs is by no means exhaustive (obviously):
- Hiddeneurope.co.uk – interesting aspects of well-known destinations and travel to lesser known places.
- MannedUp.com – a lifestyle website with travel ideas and interviews with experienced travel writers.
- Thetraveltrunk.net – features and photography by Geoff Moore.
- Travgear.com – travel gadgets and gear reviews.
Web development and design
Looking for technical support for your website or business? I’m happy to recommend Richard Telford of Moon Digital.
Design by Antony is a good port of call for design work.